Oreos. Truffles. 'Nuff said.

|

A while back a dear friend came to town.  This incredible woman is one of my closest friends- a sweet soul, through and through.  AND she brought with her the sweetest of recipes, insisting that we must make it, that it's to. die. for.

The recipe was for Oreo Truffles.

I was curious.  Anytime someone raves about anything and puts to. die. for in the sentence, I have to try it myself- because I have very opinionated tastes.  Especially when it comes to chocolate.  And I often don't like to use pre-packaged items in my baking, unless, of course we are talking Monster Bars (which you simply cannot make without utilizing the M & M).  So, yes, I was a little unsure of using, gasp, Oreos, in a homemade dessert.

I know, I know- you probably think this is ridiculous- sorry, friends, just keepin' it real.  This is my blog, after all, and these are my thoughts.  As much as I love some pre-made goods (and I DO- a little too much) I often don't allow myself to eat 'em, simply because I haven't a clue who put them in the package or where they were made.  But that doesn't mean I don't indulge from time to time.

And, my friends, this recipe DEFINITELY calls for one of those times.

Yes, definitely.  Hands down.  

And this recipe is ridiculously easy.  FOUR ingredients to be exact.  What's simpler than that?

Nothin'.  

And the results are incredible.  Incredible.  Yes, really.

So without further adieu, here she is!

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:
- 1 package Oreos (regular or mint-flavored)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips (dark, milk, or semi-sweet)
- 1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips (or almond bark)

Instructions:
Process entire package of Oreos in a food processor or blender until finely ground.  Place crumbs in the bowl of a stand mixer, along with softened cream cheese, and mix until well-blended.  Take pieces of Oreo mixture by teaspoonfuls and roll into little balls.  Place on parchment-lined, or well-oiled baking sheet.  Place sheet in freezer for 15 minutes to harden truffles.  While truffles are in freezer, melt milk/dark/white/semi-sweet chocolate in microwave (1 min or more, on high, stirring every 30 seconds).  Take truffles out of freezer and dip each in the chocolate, place back on baking sheet and, once all are coated, place the baking sheet back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, prepare drizzle.  Choose whichever chocolate you chose not to use as your main coating (for example, if you used dark chocolate as your main coat, use white as your drizzle, or vice-versa).  Melt in the microwave same as you did for the main coating.  Place melted chocolate in a ziploc bag, seal the bag, and snip a small piece off the bottom edge.  Take truffles out of freezer and squeeze a light drizzle over each.  Place back in freezer until set (10 min).  Once truffles are set, place in tupperware and keep in freezer until ready to serve/eat!  Voila.



Here are your goodies:


Process Oreos in food processor (or blender):


Here's what they should look like when ready:

Soften your cream cheese to room temperature.
Pay no mind to the finger pokes- my hands were clean!
Ha.


Mix the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese together in a stand mixer.


Roll into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto
parchment (or Silpat) lined pans.

I'm telling you, people, these non-stick baking
mats are fabulous.  Get yerself some, stat!


Lovely little things, aren't they?




Now place those suckers in the freezer.

Hopefully yours has plenty of room...unlike mine.


There was some strategic-stacking going on.


While those are chilling out, melt your base coating.

I chose dark chocolate chips.

Yummmm.  I love, love, love dark chocolate.


Once melted, take out the hardened truffles and
dunk 'em in the coating.




And place back on the sheet.


Then place back in the freezer.


While they are chilling a second time, melt your drizzle
(in this case, the white chocolate) and take the truffles
back out.  

Drizzle each.


Repeat, if desired, using the opposite base coat and drizzle.


Proceed to INDULGE.


Oh yes.


And promptly forget to tell anyone you made them.

And proceed to hide them deep in the depths of your
freezer...

Or you can share.  If you are nice like that.

I suppose I'm nice in theory because I am sharing
this recipe with you.  But sharing the final product?

Hmm, I'll work on that.

Someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment